Thursday, August 27, 2009

Deepak Chopra

Every age has its great minister. No one speaks to the gnostic better than Deepak Chopra. Schooled in the eastern religions, he brings the essential message to the west in a way that resonates in our minds and hearts. His gifts are no better expressed than in the book that I have mentioned in prior postings, "How to Know God." He has written many more books, and I urge you to read them all. His name and writings will outlive this generation by many more. I would like to share one thought from the book above. It will give you a taste of what he has to offer. In that book, he says: "What is my greatest strength.....Insight. What is my biggest hurdle......Delusion." If the gnostic dilemna could be better expressed, I do not see how. What saves the gnostic from delusion: Metaphor. What is the biggest cause of delusion in religion? Literalism. Can there be any doubt what road God desires us to take?

No comments:

Post a Comment